Complicated

I was doodling on my friendster account when I thought about writing this stuff. As you see, there's this status icon on user's profile.. whether he/she is single, mariied.. or better yet... IT'S COMPLICATED.

IT'S COMPLICATED. Yeah right! And oh, that's my status on my own account. Why complicated?.. uhhh... because it's simply complicated.

It has been a tradition on my life that whenever there's a gathering, reunion, or just simple get-together, people would always look for my partner... or a boyfriend... then I would just simply say... "wala e"... then they would ask.. "why?" then I say... "It's complicated." This is one part of my life where I am very tired of explaining to those who are so stubborn to understand.. when in fact, I really don't have to explain though.

Of course, I am dating.. I am going out with somebody, I am with someone right now... but... we're not a "thing" No commitment whatsoever... both of us single, ... and... just having the time of our life. Why aren't we a "thing"?... bacause we can't simple be that. It's complicated! As this stage when both of us knew our responsiblilities and priorities... we simply knew what we want... and I guess, at this point... this is it.

More users have this status on their account.. different reasons, different stories. (Well I don't need to ellaborate my story here). It takes one to no one, I guess. Being complicated is just a matter of how you carry and handle the situation without being burdened and burned out. It's just a matter of enjoying every moment of it and being prepared to whatever end result that it may cause you... be it good or bad. It's on how you stand on every decisions that you make.

It's tough to stay single in this world where everybody expects you to be with somebody. But staying single is not about having no choice. Rather, it's an opportunity to make intelligent choices.

Agree?


2 Comments:

  1. Anne said...
    yep well said Daei, being single is a choice - not because being attached is the in thing and because nobody is smart enough to realize that you're perfect - it has always been a choice & you're not missing anything. your time to be in a not so complicated status will come - for the time being continue being smart & enjoy. you're doing the right thing girl!
    Monique said...
    um, sige na nga... hehehe!

    naks, with special mention pa ha. lakihan mo pangalan ko :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds