Let's do the KICK-OFF!!!


It was a super busy weekend for me... One of those weekend where I have to make much of my time to attend into everything that I needed to do.

Saturday...

I have to wake up early coz I'm travelling all the way from Makati to Cavite to pick up Ysa, my "sister-and-cousin" in one. I have to pick her up coz her dad wouldn't allow her to travel alone or with anybody else except me (such thing called "trust" hahaha!). We are going to Bulacan for Abigail's (our cousin) birthday. But before heading to Bulacan, we dropped-by first at Pampanga for Pen's son's birthday too. It was a promise that we'll be there so we have to be present. We stayed there for a while and then headed to Bulacan. There, Ysa had the time to visit Lolo. It was like years since she last visited our grandpa.

Sadly, we cannot stay there that long coz tom would be a much more toxic day for me as I have to work. And Ysa, too, has to do research in our office later that day.

In short we arrived back here at Makati by 10pm. See the picture? Travelling from one end to the other.. It was no joke. As we lay down on our bed that night, Ysa told me... "Ate Day, lagare tayo ngayon ah"

The next thing I know.. I woke up with my cellphone's alarm... simply remeinding me it's a Sunday... it's 6am.. and I have to wake up...

Sunday....

The ususal 10am body clock of waking up is no sense this day. I have to be at the office by 7am. Today was our company's kick-off party for our 20th year anniversary. And, like having no choice at all, I was assigned on the morning shift.. 7am to 1pm. And to make everything worst, I have to do my assigned work all alone. Mike (my editor-partner) didn't show up. And now, he owe me ONE BIG TIME!!

By 7:30 we are already at Glorietta doing the set-up of what was suppose to be our gimick for the event. We have our own booth and we thought of doing a vtr screen test to those aspiring tv host and giving a cd copy to those who will audition for free.

The event started off by 10am with a mass by Fr. Orbos and then followed by the formal opening of the celebration. A lot of people filled the Activity Center and more and more people are coming through all throughout the day.

fr orbos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

aerial

I was assigned on the vtr test together with other staff of INQ TV. It was FUN though especially when you see people falling in line to our booth andhaving to do different acts as they audition. A lot of freebies were also given by different departments.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Beside us were the INQUIRER LIBRE Booth where they have a fortune telling. And I did tried having my fortune read by the lady. And the result?? hmm... leave that to me... it's kinda funny though..

booth



There was also a free makeover booth by the LIFESTYLE deparment... a kiddie booth by JUNIOR INQUIRER... and lots of samplings that attracts the people.

The most exciting on that day was the presence of a lot of performers... you can see people rushing through as they watched their favorite artist performed.

There was Nyoy Volante andhis Manos, he's still the same guy I interviewed before at Hard Rock Cafe (oh1 he reminds me of a one major thing in my career... he and Jimmy Bondoc)


nyoy nyoy 1

True Faith and Thor was also there. The Company sings their hits...

true faith

TRUE FAITH


thor

THOR

company

THE COMPANY

And of course Parokya ni Edgar, Regine Valsquez and Ai Ai delas Alas make the people crazy...

regine regine 2 regine 1

parokya parokya 1

aiai aiai 2 aiai 1


Then I realized, it's a good thing I was assigned in the morning shift coz all the fun started by afternoon. Though its was also enjoying in the morning but since most of the people came later in the afternoon.

It was one major event of The Philippine Daily Inquirer and I was glad I am a part of it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds