shopaHoLic...

I wasn't really a shopaholic (uhm.. well.. yeah... quite...) but I got attracted by the book Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella). Maybe because of its stand-out pink cover... and yes! by the title itself. I mean, It was really something that I told myself... I can relate to.. maybe. Then as I flip over its first few pages...

OK. DON'T PANIC. Don't panic. It's only a VISA bill. It's a piece of paper; a few numbers. I mean, just how scary can a...
It got me! That second, I wanted to buy the book! But I'm in a hurry that time for a meeting so obviously, I can't buy it. So I promised, I'll come back and get a copy of it... maybe the next day... I should have it! I was stuck with that impulse for almost a week until I saw my ofcmate having the same book. Gosh! I really have to have that book! Not because one of my officemate had it but of course.. I really wanted that book since the moment I saw it.

That weekend I went to Powerbooks greenbelt and look for the book (coz i saw it at Powerbooks Megamall) but unfortunately, it was Out Of Stock! Funny right! Then I thought... maybe it was really a best seller that even the 2nd part of the book was out. Waah! Oh well I have another way.. there's still a National Bookstore at Glorietta (where my ofcmate bought her copy). As I walk through the books floor, cross-fingered, I search for the book. And along a separate shelf there it was! that pink-covered book... with a sign BEST SELLERS!... then I got one! I had it! Confessions of a Shopaholic. :-)

The book was so hilarious! I mean, It was really something that I enjoyed reading at. I can really find myself in the story... Then suddenly, I realized... sometimes I know how it feels to be in the state of Becky Bloomwood. You know, having that impulse to buy on something and considering it as an investment... or the other way.. treating yourself out... for the hardwork and stress from all your days activities. Good thing I'm not a financial journalist. haha!

Realization got me as I'm halfway through the book. Realization that made me laugh and that made me think I am Becky... that empowered woman who has a problem (sometimes) managing her finances.. realization that.. i am too is a shopaholic...

10 stars for this book!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds